The secondary directions of February 24, 2022
The first astrological element, undoubtedly the most spectacular which explains this profound change appears in the progressions (3):
If there is any to think that the secondary directions are addressed mainly to the inner life and not to concrete events, Volodymyr Zelensky’s progressed theme of February 24, 2022, the day of the invasion of Ukraine by Russia has enough to make you think: we can indeed see a precise conjunction of the progressed Moon at 07°51 Aries on Ketu (the southern lunar node) native to 07°46 Aries! The progressed Midheaven is at 06°47 Aries!
Admittedly, the increases are not normally interpreted on the day, but this extreme precision is remarkable: in comparison the increases of May 20, 2019, the date on which he won the Ukrainian presidential elections, are much less surprising.
This configuration indicates a sharp turning point in destiny: it brings together the MC (function and elevation), the Moon (the crowd, popularity) and Ketu (the events that impose meaning on life).
We have seen the lunar nodes in harmony in the natal with the Sun and Venus in IX, which represent the best sides, both idealistic and humanistic, of the Ukrainian president. Here too the precision is extreme: Ketu progressed at 05°52 Aries is at the almost exact sextile of natal Venus at 05°53 Aquarius conjunct with the Sun at 05°07 Aquarius. We better understand his detachment (Ketu) in the face of the danger of death that threatens him and the emergence of a new simplicity (Ketu).
Progressed Rahu at the Bottom of the Progressed Sky is located at the equally exact trine of the Sun and Venus: the meaning passes through the attachment (Rahu) to the land of Ukraine (the CF, the place of life, the roots), with death (the FC, the grave) as a possible consequence.
Let us add Mercury the ruler of AS, progressed at 00°04 Aries alongside Venus at 01°04 Aries, both in close proximity to the progressed Ketu and MC: destiny matures through extraordinary circumstances which transform the character and allow it to communicate with great success (Mercury/Venus). Here Ketu reveals his true nature: he crystallizes lived experiences (Rahu in V, art, creativity, etc.), making him the repository of the meaning of life.
Let us underline one last major point: the AS progressed at 28°31 of Cancer, i.e. at 01°44′ of orb from a natal Mars at 0°15 R of Leo, illustrates a little more a behavior (the AS) unexpected martial.
The Sun has progressed at 19°36 Pisces squared to its Neptune, as Neptune and Jupiter come together in close proximity in Pisces – the connections between transits and progressions are often very significant.
All of these elements suggest that the time has come. Volodymyr Zelensky belongs to this particular category of beings revealed by circumstances, which happens regularly in times of war, a fact that will seem unfortunate. (4)
Extraordinary “coincidence” of which the followers of astrology are fond: we have just observed an AS progressed to 28°31 of Cancer. On February 24, 2022, at the time of the first Russian bombardments, AS is at 28°54 from Capricorn. The inversion is exact, within half a degree! The natal Mars at advanced rising (bravery) finds itself at setting (the declared enemy). Again destiny in motion.The transits of February 24, 2022
Strangely, if the Moon culminates in the progressed chart, Volodymyr Zelensky reaches world fame while Saturn at 18°14 Aquarius, transits on his Midheaven at the opposition of his natal Moon at 17°43 Leo at the Bottom Heaven: we come back to the threat of death (the FC, the grave) especially since Saturn, the ruler of his house VIII (death) is conjunct with his native Moon. Mercury, the master of the AS (the life force) is himself in VIII, at the quincunx of this Saturn: the notion of danger to life is omnipresent.
Pluto transiting at the quincunx of its natal Saturn and opposing its Mars, nevertheless sweeps away caution: the Mars/Pluto configurations make it possible to overcome the fears born of Saturn but flirt with self-destruction.
It’s not just about courage: the artist Zelensky performs his score in front of a dream audience extended to the entire planet. He takes on the Neptunian roles of victim and captain of a sinking ship ready to sacrifice himself. The taste for fame is an engine for him, even if he is in fact risking his life. This man, who we have seen torn between humanism and materialism, enjoys the role that fate assigns to him, that of an actor who enters through the front door into the history books. Still, he chose the heroic path when other options were available to him.
On February 24, 2022, the Jupiter/Neptune conjunction in Pisces began. It continues in force, creating a worldwide empathetic momentum towards the weakest. The theme of V. Zelensky enters into perfect resonance with this configuration which takes place in his XI house (the networks, the supports which are not lacking). The two stars culminate in the square of his Neptune at sunset (sentimental associates reluctant to direct action and devious and manipulative enemies), as well as in the square of his AS (faith and illusion, sacrifice, possible expiation of past errors) and its Jupiter (amplification of emotions).
In Taurus, revolutionary Uranus opposes his natal Uranus: at the square of his Moon in Leo and at the trine of his Mercury in Capricorn, he activates more than ever the desire for independence and the attachment to individual freedoms. The announced meeting of Rahu and Uranus in Taurus from mid-May 2022 to February 2023 , still connected to its Moon and Mercury, should encourage the transformation in this direction. On the other hand, squared Saturn is a sign of difficult circumstances and increased danger mainly when Mars is in the game from late July to mid-August 2022.
Zelensky and Putin, a dangerous synastry
V. Zelensky’s problem is called V. Putin. It passes through the axis of 20° Aquarius/Leo which marks the positions of Pluto and the lunar nodes N and S of the Russian president.
As explained many times (5), the exact birth time of V. Putin is not certain. One can however be reasonably sure of the day – see among others the references to 20° Aquarius (6). Additional element pleading in favor of this date, the synastry with his ex-wife, Lioudmilla Putina – married from 1983 to 2013 – mainly the mutual situations of Venus and the lunar nodes which underline the deep bond existing between them (7).
If the time of V. Poutine is more than subject to caution, the synastry between the two presidents could corroborate the one we have, that is 09:30 AM: how likely did we have for the two men to have their axis MC/ HR reversed within one degree orb?
– MC/FC (hypothetical) of V. Poutine: 21°17 Leo/21°17 Aquarius
– MC/FC of V. Zelensky: 20°23 Aquarius/20°23 Leo
However, we can only wonder, without allowing ourselves to use this too uncertain hour of birth.
Synastries depict sentimental encounters, family ties, synchronicities (8) as well as deep enmities leading to destinies tending to mutually destroy each other as explained in The death of George Floyd, a tragic synastry
Examination of the themes of V.Zelensky and V. Putin indicates the presence of this type of relationship between the two men. Many mutual aspects can be examined with interest (10) but the essence lies in the Moon of V. Zelensky at 17°43 from Leo to FC (the grave), in conjunction with the Pluto (power, darkness) of V. Putin at 22°43 Leo conjoined with Ketu (the compulsion) at 20°00R Leo (11) .
This will seem, rightly, very insufficient to brandish the hypothesis of a physical elimination of the Ukrainian by his declared enemy. But the birth rate of Ana Politkovskaja (12), the Russian journalist shot dead at the foot of her building in Moscow, urges us to think about it seriously. Located at 17°52 of Leo, the Venus of Ana Politkovskaïa was very exactly joined to the Moon of V. Zelensky at 17°43 of Leo.
Now, when it was assassinated on October 7, 2006, Saturn was at 22°01 of Leo, 4°09 orb of its Venus. One can only worry that Saturn in Aquarius opposes the Moon in V. Zelensky’s Leo until February 2023, creating a situation that is if not similar at least very similar. If it is not a question of predicting an assassination, this one would not surprise anyone. Whether it is the chart of Volodymyr Zelensky or that of Ana Politkovskaïa, the famous axis 20°Aquarius/20°Leo so remarkable in the chart of V. Putin is very present.
Between now and 2023 the Russian and Ukrainian charts are going through tough phases, including the ones we talked about with the Uranus/Rahu/Mars conjunction in Taurus from the last days of July to mid-August, squared closer to this Aquarius/Leo axis while Saturn will be at 22° from Aquarius on Vladimir Putin’s Rahu and opposed to its Pluto/Ketu conjunction: if V. Zelensky is and will be in great danger, it is the same for V. Poutine what be very protected. He could also make very hard decisions, this conjunction in Taurus taking place on his Jupiter, amplifying his anger.
Always related to 20° Aquarius – note that V. Putin seemed to soften slightly during the few days that coincided with the transit of Venus on this degree. Then Venus gave way to Mars where it is still and hardening again. As for V. Zelensky, advise him to be extra careful and perhaps to avoid getting too carried away by his Neptunian nature, that is, to do too much (Jupiter/Neptune) , for fear of losing credibility.
Astrology is not clairvoyance. The Jupiter-Neptune conjunction on which many counted works for peace, but seems quite insufficient for the moment. As expected (13) the tension remains constant, especially as Mars and Saturn are in conjunction until mid-April, inducing hardening, increased brutality and frustrations. No doubt the climate will soften from April 23, with the end of Kala Sarpa Yoga (14) which obscures consciences through compulsive attachments, anger and anxieties, secret maneuvers and a great chronic dissatisfaction.
The vital question is always the same: are we powerless in the face of this crisis? Faced with the destruction of the planet? Surprisingly it’s the same question: V. Putin is just one of the frustrated and angry expressions of a collective psyche captive to fear, materialism, ideological and religious conditioning, everything that makes our minds narrow and dissatisfied. If we change as individuals, we act and we escape this infernal trajectory which is ours.
All of the remarkable astrological “coincidences”, both in the destiny of V. Zelensky and in the synastry with V. Putin, could have a broader meaning than what is glimpsed. This war, unleashed as the Sun, Jupiter and Neptune were about to conjoin, a configuration of cooperation, emotional intelligence and peace, couldnot be like the others. Is the nuclear threat reminiscent of the Cold War? Or energy dependencies suddenly more visible when they constitute the heart of our current and future problems? We can dream that the collective consciousness awakens, both to our harmful and destructive behaviors, and to our limited resources. That the powerful thus have no choice but to finally act for the good of the world, forgetting their personal obsessions, the stupid quarrels of ego and the poison of identification.
(1) Cf. The celestial path – Horizontality and Verticality – Planetary joys and the celestial path . Published by Constellation News on astro.com (Here for the english version)
(2) “ Neptune represents communion and Mars separates by conflict. The cohabitation of the two stars is difficult unless Mars enters the service of Neptune, thus defining the hero ”. Astrology and the mechanics of thought – Mars and Neptune in aspects
(3) The technique of progressions, also called secondary directions, “progresses” the horoscope by considering that one day after birth is equivalent to one year of life.
(4) Conflicts reveal key personalities – this was the case for Churchill or De Gaulle for example – as if History were waiting for them. While the fight for the environment and climate change rages on, it is regrettable that this happens less in times of peace when the urgency is just as absolute.
(5) See the warning preceding the article devoted to Vladimir Putin as well as The invasion of Ukraine and human madness.
(7) Lioudmilla Putina born on 06-01-1958 in Kaliningrad. Time unknown. Lioudmilla Putina: Rahu 08°06R Scorpio / Vladimir Putin: Venus 11°42 Scorpio. Vladimir Putin: Rahu 20°00R Aquarius / Lioudmilla Putina: Venus 16°14 Aquarius.
(8) Astrology and the mechanics of thought – Astrology and thought – Synchronicities
(9) Example also included in the video: Astrology and free will: are we prisoners of our birth charts?
(10) The Pluto of the Ukrainian at 16°41R of Libra is joined to the Saturn of the Russian at 17°27 of the same sign. The well-defined plans (Saturn) of the latter come up against a particularly resilient man (Pluto) capable of attracting significant support (Pluto/Rahu). Putin, the master of secret maneuvers (Pluto-Ketu, Mercury/Neptune) seems to have found his equal. In Putin’s X house (visibility) and close to his Pluto, Zelensky’s Saturn opposes prohibitions (Saturn) to his usual transgressions (Pluto) by exposing them (X house). This same Saturn at the square of Putin’s Moon and at the semi-square of his Sun, removes a lot of light from the latter: it creates doubt about his leadership abilities (the Sun) and isolates him (Saturn) in the face of a majority of countries in the world. This does is not insignificant because although more than hardened, Putin is marked by the Libra dynamic, the one that requires seducing and pleasing: it is Zelensky and not him who attracts light and sympathy. Squared to Putin’s Saturn, Zelensky’s Mercury makes communication (Mercury) very difficult while positions remain fixed (Saturn).
(11) Ketu pushes to stripping and possibly to spirituality when it is digested, integrated, that is to say that the attachment to matter begins to weigh and that one tries to get rid of it. Otherwise it leads to compulsion.
(12) Ana Politkovskaïa born on August 30, 1958 in New York – time of birth unknown.
(13) cf. : Beautiful and complex year 2022 Astrometeo of the nodes, Saturn, Jupiter and Neptune
(14) Kala Sarpa Yoga – or the Time of the Serpent – occurs when all the stars transit on one side of the axis of the lunar nodes. It obscures the collective psyche. Negative forces, such as anger, anxiety, neurotic attachment to the past, irresistible compulsions, bitterness and dissatisfaction take over. See Mars and the Time of the Serpent , The astral genesis of Covid-19 , Happy and complex new year 2022 , The stars in the time of the Corona virus