Modern Ruler: Jupiter
Anatomy & Illnesses: Hips, thighs, femur, sacrum, coccyx, sciatic nerves.
The hips and thighs promote or inhibit movement and forward motion.
Sagittarius is represented by the glyph of the Arrow of the Archer, symbolising aiming for a goal, direction and adventure and the projection of the self into the outer world.
Sagittarius is complicated and hard to decipher as a constellation. It is seen to resemble a teapot. The brightest star in Sagittarius is Kaus Australis. Sagittarius is in the broadest part of the Milky Way and near its centre. It is a treasure trove of globular clusters and nebulae such as the enormous M22, the incredible Lagoon Nebula (M8) and the Trifid Nebula M20. The Galactic Centre is also found in this sign at 26 degrees. In both northern and southern hemispheres, Sagittarius is best seen at midnight in the midheaven when the Sun is in Gemini during May and June.
- Sagittarius steps out from the bounds of Scorpio, with a sense of either freedom or guilt, to make sense of what the Scorpio experience has transformed.
- The hero of the preceding fire signs, Aries and Leo, is now mature, direct and forthright, and acts accordingly.
- Sagittarius seeks an intense and fun-filled life experience, with total involvement, adventure and a thirst for exploring.
- Sagittarius tends toward excessiveness and hedonism. The wildness and freedom of this spirited sign are represented by the half man/half beast centaur. Often the body is not able to keep up with where the mind and energy want to go.
- Sagittarius is full of revelations and behaves like a wise philosopher, teacher, guru, fanatic or know-it-all.
- Sagittarius leaps toward the future, seeking world-wide travel that is as far away as possible from the neighbourhood of youth and what was learnt there through the opposite sign Gemini.
- Straightforward, philosophical, expansive, optimistic, intellectual, honest, free, open-minded, enthusiastic, self-indulgent, dogmatic, tactless, excessive, truthful, opinionated, insensitive, lustful, extravagant, naive, ethical, wise.